Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am looking for a something in particular?
At Desert Lily Vintage if we don’t have that something special you were after, drop us a line and put in any request and we will keep an eye out for it for you.
Are your clothes really vintage?
YES, all of Desert Lily Vintage clothes are vintage and kept in it’s original form so that you become the creator and wear these beautiful items your way.
Stop the press, we have released a new up-cycled collection where unloved and outdated vintage clothing is given a freshen up via alterations or recreated into something new and beautiful.
Where do you get your clothes?
All of the clothes are bought from a range of places all over the country (Australia) like Op shops, vintage stores and garage sales and bought to you all in the comfort of your own home.
I saw a dress on the site yesterday that I really want to buy but now it’s not there, does this mean it’s sold? Do you have others in stock?
Yes, sadly that is true and as all items selling on Desert Lily’s Vintage website are once offs as soon as it’s sold it is pulled down off the website and shipped off to it’s new owner. So be sure that if you see an item that you must have or would be perfect to your life, get in first and snap it up, as you may not see it again and miss out.
Do you only sell women’s clothing?
Not at all, you can buy men’s clothes, up-cycled fashion and accessories.
My mother has a whole heap of 60’s – 90’s clothes that she is trying to sell, can I sell them to you?
At Desert Lily Vintage we are a website that purely sells vintage.
Do you ship worldwide?
YES WE DO.
Shipping in Australia is via the Australian Post. As a guide shipping fees are $10, however if you spend over $150 shipping will be FREE. The items will be posted via registered post as to ensure your purchase gets to you in the same condition it leaves the shop. Please allow for up to 10 business days for delievery, unless notified ulertherwise.
For all international buyers shipping fees are calculated via location and through the guidance of Australia Post. If you spend over $300 shipping will be FREE. Please note Desert Lily Vintage will not be liable for unreceived express parcels once they have been dispatched.
We would love to hear from you so please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any shipping enquiries
Determining your measurements?
- Length: Measure from the natural part of the shoulder to your desired hem length.
- Shoulder: Measurement taken from shoulder tip to shoulder tip.
- Bust: Measurement taken from the fullest part of the breast with your bra on.
- Chest: Measurements taken from the widest part of your chest.
- Waist: Measurement taken from the smallest part of your waist, a little above your belly button.
- Hips: Whilst standing in a natural stance measure the fullest part of the hips.
Note: Things to remember when measuring yourself:
- Different garments have a different fit depending on the fabric, style and overall fit.
- Take your measurements in inches and view our size chart before you start to shop and pick that perfect item for you.